Proactive strategic financial communications
A dedicated, international,
senior team with real global experience
Outstanding track record of critical communications situations
FinElk provides proactive strategic financial and corporate communications advice to international companies and institutions. We help our clients ensure they successfully address their communications challenges and ultimately, achieve their business objectives. FinElk advises senior management and works alongside their communications teams in implementing communications strategies and helps building long-term relationships which deliver on their strategic imperatives.
Our credentials speak for themselves, the strength and depth of our client relationships and the breadth of our recognised skills and ability in acting across borders sets us apart and we have real experience of what works and what doesn’t on the international markets.
- Strategic Counsel
- Financial Communications
- Corporate Communications
- Special Situations Communications Advisory
- Cross-Border Communications
- Thought Leadership Development
- Communications Coaching
- Public & Investor Relations
FinElk has a dedicated, international, senior team with real global experience from a wide range of issues and sectors. We have an outstanding track record of delivering invaluable advice in critical communications situations covering multiple geographies and a true understanding in how various international markets function, in particular from a strategic communications perspective. The team has solid experience from critical communications situations such as M&A, IPOs, restructurings, activism and crisis situations and has a portfolio of significant reputation management achievements for some of Europe’s largest companies.
Louise is a high-level international strategic and financial communications consultant advising a range of Euro 100 companies as well as private equity groups.
She was previously Managing Partner and co-founder of Chandos Communications and prior to this a partner at CNC Communications which she joined after 11 years at leading international firm M: Communications. At M: she headed the M&A and restructuring communications, issues and crisis management practices.
Previously Louise was a partner at Financial Dynamics where she was responsible for specific sector and European coverage. Before that she ran worldwide corporate relations at Visa International based out of the US and international communications at British Airways. Louise also founded and ran her own financial and corporate communications consultancy – AKKA, in Paris – which became one of the foremost players in the French market.
Over the last 15 years, she has worked on mergers valued at more than €200bn and is ranked among the top 5 M&A communications advisers worldwide 2003-2015.
Teresa has longstanding experience of corporate and financial communications and IR, both from agencies and in-house functions.
Prior to setting up FinElk, she was a Partner and co-founder of Chandos Communications and prior to this she was a Director at CNC Communications. She has also and prior held senior roles at M: Communications and Brunswick. Having started her career at Brunswick Group in 2006 she has worked across several geographies, being based in both Europe and the Middle East.
Teresa has advised international companies across multiple sectors. She has strong experience in leading multi-market projects and has held the overall responsibilities for managing client accounts with complex communications challenges, providing strategic input and overall communications advisory and well as financial and corporate media relations. Teresa has worked with clients on a wide range of transactions including IPOs and cross-border M&A as well as critical communications issues and strategic media and investor relations, crisis situations and corporate profile raisings.
Robin is an international strategic communications specialist with experience across the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
He joined FinElk from Edelman where he was the global lead for Mubadala, the Abu Dhabi sovereign investment company. In this role, Robin was responsible for providing strategic counsel across a portfolio of assets in more than 30 countries.
Robin also provided financial communications support for a range of Abu Dhabi government related entities, and created executive content for senior executives and ministers.
Robin relocated to the UAE in 2009 to support the growth of M: Communications in the region, managing the firm’s relationship with Aldar, the Abu Dhabi government-related developer.
Prior to M:, Robin worked for Buchanan, focussing on financial calendar work for a diverse portfolio of Listed firms in the Natural Resources, Aerospace, Real Estate, Energy and Media sectors.
Robin is fluent in French and Spanish. He holds a degree in Modern Languages from Bristol University and a Postgraduate Diploma in PR from Cardiff University.
Cornelia joined FinElk in 2017. She has significant experience of advising clients on financial and corporate communications as well as investor relations and has worked on numerous critical communications projects including IPOs and M&A.
Prior to FinElk, Cornelia was part of the Capital Markets team at Smithfield Consultants working with companies such as Ferrero, Nissan and The Walt Disney Company on complex issues ranging from cross-border M&A to shareholder activism.
Before Smithfield, she was as a Consultant at London-based financial PR firms StockWell (now part of Teneo) and Instinctif Partners.
Cornelia is a native German speaker and fluent in English.
Job title: Consultant – Strategic & Financial Communications
Location: Central London
Type: full time
Employment contract: permanent
We are looking for a talented, mid-level candidate to join our close-knit international team in London. Client-facing reputation and issues management experience is a must, as well as corporate positioning at C-Suite level and a network of relevant journalist contacts. We have an outstanding track record of critical communications situations such as M&A, IPOs, strategic plans, restructurings and activism and work directly with senior management to successfully meet today’s evolving communications challenges.
Relevant candidates please share your CV with firstname.lastname@example.org
- For agency professionals, you will be at least an Account Manager but could be an Account Director. You could also be a Comms Manager or above in an inhouse function. Whilst our work is predominantly financial, we will also consider corporate backgrounds.
- Character and work ethic are primary considerations in this process – we are a tight and loyal team and how you might integrate into that is vital.
- As a boutique firm with an entrepreneurial approach, we favour a less-hierarchical approach and give team members the chance to shape their own roles in line with business requirements.
- You will have a track record in media relations and a network of relevant journalist contacts.
- You will also have experience of reputation and issues management as well as corporate positioning at C-Suite level. Client facing experience is essential.
- Experience in proactive new business development is key – both in terms of developing credentials and proposals as well as targeting potential clients and attending networking events.
- Given our client base, global experience is important, particularly working with clients across Continental Europe. Languages, especially, French and Italian would be a bonus. The role will also likely involve some travel abroad.
- Financial, Technology, Pharma and Real Estate experience would be of interest but not essential as we work across a diverse range of sectors. We welcome enthusiasm to learn about new sectors and markets.
- We recognise that work in our sector may be required out of standard working hours or days, therefore a flexible working environment is offered subject to prior management approval / as long as communicated with the team.
- Educated to degree level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, confident in communicating with senior management.
- Fluent in English, fluency in other European languages a plus.
- A team player, able to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Ambitious, proactive with a strong ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Keen interest in business news and current affairs.
- +3 years of experience in financial communications in a PR agency or fast-paced, large corporate environment (preferably within the financial sector).
- High standards of integrity and commitment.
- We provide proactive strategic financial communications advice to international companies.
- We take a pragmatic and holistic approach to make sure our clients’ core story is heard and understood by key stakeholders within the global investor community.
- We help senior management deliver their strategic agenda, working alongside their team to achieve business objectives and successfully meet today’s evolving communications challenges.
- We are a dedicated, international team with real global experience across a wide range of sectors.
- We have an outstanding track record of critical communications situations such as M&A, IPOs, restructurings, activism and financial crisis situations.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
- Strategic: We go beyond traditional financial PR and take an embedded approach that blends media and investor relations with management consultancy to help our clients successfully create, develop and communicate their strategic vision to key stakeholders.
- Global: We have significant experience supporting companies from Europe, US and the Middle East in both raising the profile of leadership and communicating around their core activities.
- Dynamic: We are a small but extremely dedicated team, intentionally supporting only a few clients at any time to maximise the attention we can provide.
- Trusted: We have developed strong and productive client relations, successfully completed projects to the highest standards and maintained fruitful relationships with other advisors – leading to new opportunities.
- Focused: We know what we do best and work with specialists when clients need additional capabilities.
- United: We are a multi-faceted team. We have complementary skills, strive for excellence, support each other and have a shared purpose.
- Flexible: We are client-focussed and committed to doing what is needed in each individual situation – not bound by systematically following set working hours or bureaucracy.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FinElk is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.